Bear Tootin’s Cancellation Policy
*$50 cancelation fee
*Before 30 days – you will get all of your money back (-$50)
*Within 30 days – whatever dates we can rebook, this is the amount that we will refund back (-$50). Example: if you had 5 nights & we rebooked 4 nights = you will be refunded 4 night+tax+cleaning fee+damage fee+Bear Tootin fee ($25) – $50 cancelation fee.
Bear Tootin’s Rental Agreement
This is a contract between:
Guests of Bear Tootin Cabin Rentals LLC & Bear Tootin Cabin Rentals LLC
RESERVATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS
- Money must be applied to hold or reserve any cabin.
- Remaining balance of rent is to be paid 30 days prior to arrival. Reservations not paid in full at least 30 days prior to arrival, or sufficient arrangements made, will be subject to cancellation without notice or Bear Tootin reserves the right to process the balance using the card on file.
- If the reservation is made 30 days or less prior to arrival, then the entire balance will be charged at the time of booking.
- Should you need to change your dates, you can reschedule your reservation any time without penalty as long as the change is processed at least 30 days in advance of your scheduled stay. (exceptions are left to be decided by Bear Tootin Cabin Rentals)
- ALL reservations need to have a cell phone number on the reservation in case we need to contact you while you are staying in one of our cabins.
- Cancellation within 30 days or less of arrival, will result in all funds paid toward reservation to be forfeited unless a new reservation is made for that time frame. In that event, a full refund will be made. If only part of your time frame acquires a new reservation, a refund will be made for the dates that rebooked.
- ALL CANCELLATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A $50 NON-REFUNDABLE FEE.
- If for some reason the cabin the guest has rented becomes unavailable due to no fault of their own, we will either try to find comparable accommodations or refund all monies in full. This will be the full extent of our liability to you in such circumstances, and we will not be responsible for any other costs connected with any such cancellation, howsoever arising.
- We as Bear Tootin Cabin Rentals LLC offer the option to our owners to receive the monies from the reservation as soon as it is received. This has no effect on you as the guest.
CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT
- Check in is at 4 p.m. Please do not expect to check in early. However, if you are in the area or expect to be early, you may check with us no earlier than the day prior to your check in to see if you are able to go to the cabin early. If we can accommodate you, we certainly will!
- During peak season, there may be instances the cabin may not be quite ready by 4 p.m. We will do our best to avoid this, but in our busy season with back to back reservations, it may not be avoidable. Our greatest concern is to provide each guest with a clean cabin.
- Due to back to back reservations, check out time is 10 a.m. unless prior arrangements are made and agreed upon. If for some reason, guest has not checked out on the day scheduled, and there is another reservation for that day, we reserve the right to charge the card on file in the amount of the nightly rental rate and you will need to leave the property as soon as possible. We need this time to prepare for our next guest.
- Check out procedures are very simple. We do not want you to do any chores. We just want you to respect our cabins. These homes belong to good people that have worked hard to provide you with a great vacation spot. If you pack up all of your belongings and lock the door behind you and respect the property, there should be no issues.
Occupancy and Amenities
- We will do everything we can to make sure our cabins are ready for your stay. There is a possibility on the day of your check-in the hot tub may not be warm and ready for use until that evening due to the cleaning process between guests.
- Our cabin owners try to provide all the amenities you would want for your vacation. From time to time appliances, hot tubs, TV’s, telephones, internet access, electricity etc will break down or malfunction. We cannot refund any monies due to these issues that are beyond our control. We will respond as quickly as we can to make repairs and restore amenities.
- We assume no liability for personal items brought into the cabins that are lost, stolen or damaged.
- If anyone becomes sick, please take necessary steps to protect the cabin. Also please notify us so we can properly sanitize the cabin prior to the next guests.
- Most of our cabins only charge $25 non refundable damage fee while others charge a refundable deposit (owners have the right to charge more or less). If any damage exceeds the damage fee or deposit (whatever applies) we will charge the card on file. If the card does not cover the damage, you will be held legally responsible for remaining damage costs.
- Some cabins are equipped with security systems for the protection of the homeowners as well as the guest. Tampering with any of the security devices and/or providing the security code to anyone outside your party is cause for violation of the agreement.
- Due to the above two items, it is highly advisable to keep all doors closed as appropriate to keep pests, stray animals or wildlife out of the cabins.
- If any damage is present when you arrive or accidently happens while you are there, please report it to Bear Tootin as soon as possible. Either by phone or via email.
- Bear Tootin provides linens, towels and washcloths. We also provide the sheets and kitchen towels and rags. Our kitchens are stocked with a coffee pot, toaster, pots and pans. We have basic kitchen utensils and welcome you to bring any special appliance or special kitchen items you may want to use while you stay with us. Most of the cabins have washing machines and dryers to wash what you need while you are staying. We also provide a starter supply of soap, dishwashing detergent, toilet paper, paper towels and trash bags. Any extra items you need, will be the responsibility of the guest.
Hot Tubs and Jacuzzi Tubs
WAIVER OF LIABILITY FOR HOT TUB or JACUZZI TUB: The renter understands that there are special risks involved in the use of Hot Tubs or Jacuzzi Tubs. Renter is aware there are potential dangers to children who are not carefully supervised, as well as any person using hot tub or Jacuzzi too long or if a person has health risks, is intoxicated, using any kind of drugs or medication, or is pregnant. Tenant agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against Bear Tootin Cabin Rentals and owner of property for accidents or injury arising from use of hot tub or Jacuzzi tub. Renter agrees that he/she is responsible and liable for any damages that occur to the hot tub or Jacuzzi through their or their guest’s misuse or negligence. Should renter or renters guests contaminate the water, renter agrees to an additional charge of $125.00 to cover the cost to drain, clean and refill the tub and remediate the contamination to the filtering system. As the renter, you agree, that the property owners, Bear Tootin Cabin Rentals and its employees shall not be liable for injury or death, or the injury or death of you invited guests. This Disclosure and Waiver of Liability is incorporated into the Terms and Conditions of this contract.
- There is an abundance of wildlife in the area. Please take necessary precautions such as not to leave food out on the decks and make sure your trash is secure inside of the provided containers. Most of the trash containers are bear proof. We and they will appreciate you using them. Please do not try to feed or handle any wildlife.
- We do have our cabins sprayed for pest control. On many occasions and in many cabins we have a large amount of ladybugs. We do our best to keep them cleaned up and away but please be aware Ladybugs are an endangered species in the state of Tennessee and we are not allowed to kill them with any type of chemical.
- We are in the mountains and there are lots of spiders and other insects. We have a top rated Pest Control program put in place on our cabins and if there is any kind of infestation we will handle it immediately and efficiently. This is not to say there will not be a spider/spider web, or other kind of bug that may get into the cabin or the porches. We are not responsible to come out and kill a bug or spider and will not be held liable for any bites from a single insect or spider. As stated above, if there is an infestation or an unusual amount of insects or spiders, please contact us immediately so that we can have our professional Pest Control company treat the problem.
- Most of our cabins have Fireplaces. They will be not be usable during the off season.
OCCUPANCY LIMITS AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Please abide by the maximum number of people in the cabins. We have guidelines set as to how many people our cabins will accommodate and we have to stick to those numbers. (If there are small children in your group that makes your number go over, please call us to discuss this. We will make arrangements for special situations.)
- ALL OF OUR CABINS ARE NON-SMOKING CABINS. We reserve the right to charge an additional fee to your card if we have to treat the cabin to get the smoke smell out. NO EXCEPTIONS
- We have several pet friendly cabins. These cabins have a pet fee that will be charged to your reservation. If a guest brings a pet to Non-Pet-Friendly cabin, we hold the right to charge the card for special cleaning and the right to ask the guest to leave with no refund.
- Cabins with cameras: These are for the protection of the cabin, not to check on the guest. DO NOT touch or move the cameras.. They are pointed towards the doors or decks and are NOT invading your privacy. If cameras are moved or damage due to the guest we will charge the card we have on file to pay for the camera.
- You must be 18 to rent a one bedroom cabin and 21 to rent a two or three bedroom, 25 for 4 bedrooms or more. Individual cabin owners reserve the right to restrict ages for their own cabins.
- Cabin parties, loud noises or lewd behavior are strictly prohibited at any of our properties. You will be asked to leave immediately without refund.
- Illegal substances are strictly prohibited at all properties.
- Under no circumstance will illegal behavior, copyright infringements or commercial activity, i.e. subletting or commercial photography be permitted by any person occupying the cabin. We will not be held responsible for any issues arising from these activities. If they occur during your stay, you are financially and legally liable.
- No fireworks are to be used at or around the premises. The use of fireworks could result in damage to our property or that of another in the area or a fire.
- We do not want you to do “chores” and we have no list of things you need to do before you leave, but we do appreciate guests treating the cabins with complete respect. Our cleaners work hard to make sure cabins are cleaned prior to each and every check in. We do ask our guests to rinse used dishes and/or load and run the dishwasher. Also please discard food in trash bags and dispense in outdoor trash cans provided. This will keep our cleaning costs down as well as help prevent infestations of bugs. If the cabin is left in extreme disarray (trash not in trash bags, food left in cabin, dishes not rinsed off etc..) causing our cleaners to spend more time than should be necessary, we reserve the right to charge an additional amount for your cleaning fee after you have checked out.
If any of these policies are not adhered to, your reservation will be void without refund and you will be asked to vacate the property without further notice. We hold the right to contact the appropriate legal authorities if there is illegal activity going on at any of our properties.
Our cabins are privately owned and managed by us, Bear Tootin Cabin Rentals LLC. Neither the owner nor Bear Tootin Cabin Rentals LLC are held responsible for any accidents, injuries, insect bites or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. Cabin guests acknowledges and understands that each and every guest guardian, is solely responsible for any accident or injury to any person while in-residence and that the Owners or Management Company accept NO legal or financial responsibility. Cabin guests and guardians assume all risk of injury or other loss resulting from any recreational activity and will hold the Owners and Management Company harmless with respect thereto. Cabin guests hereby agree to indemnify Bear Tootin Cabin Rentals LLC and the property owners harmless from any and all claims, including those of third parties, arising out of or in any way a result of the cabin guests’ use of the premises or items therein. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
We at Bear Tootin Cabin Rentals always strive to make every cabin perfect for every guest. There are times there will be legitimate complaints and we want to handle those efficiently. If there is a complaint regarding the cleanliness of the cabin, we will need to be notified within 12 hours of your checking in. We will do everything possible to satisfy our guests and will have someone out to clean as soon as possible. Our desire and goal is for the cabin to be perfect when our guests open the door for the first time, but honest mistakes are sometimes made. There will be no refunds or compensation if the problems have been taken care of in the first 24 hours of the stay and we have been notified as requested in the first 12 hours.
If something is broken in the cabin when you arrive or during your stay, please let us know as soon as possible. We will do our best to repair or replace the broken item. If it is not possible to replace or repair what is broken, we will take each situation case by case as to whether any compensation will be given to the guest.
Each guest is entitled to submit a review. This day and time reviews are very important and future guests rely on honest reviews. We encourage our guests to give honest reviews and we appreciate any insight you can give us to help us make the cabins better. We also encourage our guests to let us know any problems that would make your stay less enjoyable. If it is within our control and is a reasonable request, we will do our best to make your visit a memorable and enjoyable stay. If you have not contacted us regarding problems at the cabin, we would appreciate the respect for Bear Tootin Cabin Rentals as well as the owners to the cabins in that you would privately contact us by the email address or phone number that is provided when you booked your cabin instead of posting it in a review. Reviews are not meant to bash cabins due to honest mistakes. If there are issues with the cabin that you did not feel necessary to let us know about while you were staying, please contact us privately regarding those issues. If the issue is important, please contact us immediately while you are still in the cabin. We cannot know everything you as a guest might experience during a stay, so we rely on honest feedback and notification.
ONCE MONEY HAS BEEN PLACED TO BOOK YOUR RESERVATION, YOU HAVE AGREED TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS RENTAL AGREEMENT…..